First Afrikan’s theme for 2018 is Building our Future Together: Returning God to the Center of Life.
This year’s Lenten Sermon and Study series will begin two Sunday’s prior to Ash Wednesday.
NOTE: NO BIBLE STUDY ON FEBRUARY 14th.
- Please join Pastor Rev. Dr. Mark “Ogunwale” Lomax at First Iconium Baptist Church on February 14th at 542 Moreland Ave SE, Atlanta, GA. (404) 627-1371 for their 123rd Anniversary Celebration Service at 7:30pm.
Philippians 4:19 “And my God will fully satisfy every need of yours according to God’s riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (NRSV) serves as our biblical focus for this series. This scripture us also our memory verse for the coming liturgical season.
Bible Study will be held at 1pm and 7pm. Dinner will be served one hour prior.
- Sunday, February 4: God Will Satisfy Every Need (Philippians 4:15-20)
- Wednesday, February 7: Do Not Worry, Believe (Matthew 6:25-34)
- Sunday, February 11: Do Not Worry, Believe
- Sunday, February 18: Jug & Jar, Meal & Oil
- Wednesday, February 21: Blessing, Breaking, and Giving (Matthew 14:13-21)
- Sunday, February 25: Blessing, Breaking, and Giving
- Wednesday, February 28: Momma Wit (John 2:1-11)
- Sunday, March 4: Momma Wit
- Wednesday, March 7: [Ujamaa] Cooperative Economics, A Pathway to Freedom (Acts 2:43-47)
- Sunday, March 11: [Ujamaa] Cooperative Economics, A Pathway to Freedom
- Wednesday, March 14: [Nia] Purposefulness (Matthew 10:1-15)
- Sunday, March 18: [Nia] Purposefulness
- Wednesday March 21: [Imani] Mustard Seed Faith (Matthew 17:14-20)
- Sunday, March 25: [Imani] Mustard Seed Faith